whats wrong with my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mendes

Aquarium Advice Newbie
2 sharks dead in 2 days. they were covered in some white goop when i took them out.. anyonw know what could be the cause?

i have 2 gold fish, 1 id shark left (2") and 9 ghost shrimp in the tank

temp is 78

Well, you know the standard..35 is the right size for two fancy golds ....alone. Pushing it for 3; and not sufficient for comets, commons and koi.

They are super messy, and they are heavy users of the oxygen and electrolytes..
and warmer water to split the difference with tropicals will cause them to produce more waste because digestive problems. One of the 4 big reasons that you don't mix golds with tropicals.

And then you add the poor sharks (which are a large fish to , nei?) are on the bottom where it all comes to rest...yuk!
The golds may be in a growth spurt and destroying your parameters....
Start changing water with a 50 now and a 30 every other day til you can test and see (better safe than sorry). I am always adding an extra change when I am out of a kit.

[center:b3b060f665] Welcome to AA, Mendes!! :n00b: [/center:b3b060f665]
If you don't have any more tests, take a water sample to the LFS and have them test it for you. How long has the tank been running? Do any of the other fish show signs of illness? How long did the sharks show signs of illness before their deaths?

Back
Top Bottom