whats your favorite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

livefishguy124

Aquarium Advice FINatic
nova agua vs. amquel vs. Polyaqua
which is best? state your opinion? price doesn't mater?
any other preferences/opinions.

I think you will find Seachem's Prime an overwhelming favorite with the larger portion of aquarists. Its economical while addressing chlorine/chloramine, heavy metals, providing slime coat protection and temporarily detoxing ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. Seachem's Safe is a even more economical option if you are dealing with larger amounts of water.

Kordons Novaqua and Amquel Plus are actually meant to be in conjunction with each other. Amquel does not address heavy metals or provide slime coat additives. Novaqua does not address ammonia, nitrite or nitrate. The cost for using both is quite pricey, especially if you have large tanks and/or doing multiple water changes. Polyaqua appears to be nothing more than Novaqua with some vitamins. Kordon products in general are no longer carried by many chain stores so accessibility can be an issue as well.

Hope this helps a bit!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I used Amquel plus for awhile because that is what my store had, though I now mostly use prime because of its cost. That bottle goes a long ways! In general, I think just about anything that treats the chlorine in your water is fine. Personally, I am not convinced that any of the slime coat enhancing additives actually do any good. JMO. Seriously, my one bottle of prime has lasted a lot longer than any other thing I have ever used because of the concentration level. I am a fan.
To each their own though. I am a fan of Prime over any of the Kordon products. But, whatever is available to you will likely work. I have used at a pretty big variety of dechlorinators and never had any issues with any of them.

thanks for the reply's, my fish club sells 8 oz. of all 3 for $4, a great deal, they sell prime to, 100ml (3.38 oz.) for $3, i guess the added cost is worth it?
is it?

Well, prime is pretty concentrated so it treats more water than an equal amount of amquel would.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom