What's your favorite cory cat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CcJ23

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm thinking of getting a school of about 8 Cory cats for my 55 gallon planted (See 55 Transformation thread). I don't want huge ones, but I want some really active ones. What do you prefer?

Sterbai is my favorite...but I have some habrossus Corrys at the moment

Bandit, panda, peppered, and sterbai.
However, peppered cories are one of the bigger growing ones ( around 4" max ).

I've 4 adult peppered and 2 of their babies in my 55g, also I just bought 4 bronze ones today for my 21g , very limited variety here ,although the store had 2 panda corys today , if they had 4 I would of bought them at 6.50 euros each :) the bronze were 2.50 euros each ... Still cute whichever ones you get .... Top fish :)

Bandit, panda, peppered, and sterbai.
However, peppered cories are one of the bigger growing ones ( around 4" max ).

Yeah that's a little too big. So then I'm looking at sterbai, panda, and I've heard of julii before. Which variety is the most active? Anyone with any experience?

Yeah that's a little too big. So then I'm looking at sterbai, panda, and I've heard of julii before. Which variety is the most active? Anyone with any experience?

I would go with the sterbai since pandas prefer cooler temps....but the juliis could work to I'm sure...I haven't kept either type but I really do love the sterbais

Back
Top Bottom