What's your favorite cory species?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lardeelion

Aquarium Advice Freak
And why?

I just can't decide. I'm setting up a new tank after Christmas. I've got some time to think it over but I've only ever had a few, way before I knew what I was doing. I have pygmys (pygmies?) now and they're very cute.

I have bronze cories now and I love them. I also really like the looks of the peppered cories.

I love the Panda cories. They stay so tiny and cute. But they are definitely more delicate/sensitive than the other kinds I've had.

corydoras trilineatus. for sure although they are normally sold as julii thease guys are awsome athough i do enjoy my pandas and pygmys 2....i have also found thease guys pritty easy to breed once you start using meth blue on the eggs.

I've got four Peppered Cories, and they're fun to watch.
They DO spend a lot of time hiding, but then randomly start zipping around the tank, up to the top for (apparently) a gulp of air, and then lounging on leaves.
One seems to like swimming with my school of Danios, which seems kind of weird...

They're still small juveniles, but my LFS has some adult ones that look pretty chubby and cool. I'm looking forward to them getting bigger.

Out of my Danios, Dwarf Gourami, and Platies, my Cories are still the favourites in my tank. :D

I keep 5 species and the most active cory of them all are the Julii's. They are always out and about, visible all the time compared to the others. Panda's are the second most active. I have a very densely planted tank and the Julii's are always out, forging through the plants even when the bright Metal halides are on. The other species, even the Pandas, stay in the thick of the plants during high light time so that to me says alot about the Julii's.

TOMatt said:
I've got four Peppered Cories, and they're fun to watch.
They DO spend a lot of time hiding, but then randomly start zipping around the tank, up to the top for (apparently) a gulp of air, and then lounging on leaves.
One seems to like swimming with my school of Danios, which seems kind of weird...

They're still small juveniles, but my LFS has some adult ones that look pretty chubby and cool. I'm looking forward to them getting bigger.

Out of my Danios, Dwarf Gourami, and Platies, my Cories are still the favourites in my tank. :D

My bronze cories do that too. They usually hide behind the wood decoration I have in my 30g and randomly come out. Sometimes mine swim up and down the glass too. Funny thing.. I have a school of 5 giant danios, there is one danio that likes to swim with my cories, I've never understood it, but think its funny lol.

My bronze cories do that too. They usually hide behind the wood decoration I have in my 30g and randomly come out. Sometimes mine swim up and down the glass too. Funny thing.. I have a school of 5 giant danios, there is one danio that likes to swim with my cories, I've never understood it, but think its funny lol.

Hahaha my false julii's swim with my tiger barbs

Yeah my False Julii would be 1 and my Peppered 2. Both very fun fish. Compared to my Bronze who are basically unkillable but by far the laziest of my cories.

False Julii (aka Trilleanatus)

Corydoras Habrosus

I also had nice activity with albinos, but dislike the solid white against my pale sand.

Julii and Pandas, I agree. I chose between the two based on the color of my substrate to be honest with you. I pick Julii when I have a natural brown substrate because you can see them a little better. When I am running with sand or a lighter gravel, I go for Pandas. Both are awesome.

I have also had skunk corys, and they are fun as well! (Corydoras Arcuatus)

Honestly my favorite is the Pygmy, but you have those already. They are active and hardy.

Besides, who doesn't love corys. Peaceful, fun, low waste, and substrate cleaner! I combo corys with Ottos, and I have the perfect cleaning crew. Unstoppable!! :)

They are indeed active and hardy. The LFS only had four so I'm going to go back for more when a new shipment comes in. I thought the smaller numbers would make them timid until I could beef up the school, but those little buggars are just plain jolly.

sp0ng3r said:
Julii and Pandas, I agree. I chose between the two based on the color of my substrate to be honest with you. I pick Julii when I have a natural brown substrate because you can see them a little better. When I am running with sand or a lighter gravel, I go for Pandas. Both are awesome.

I have also had skunk corys, and they are fun as well! (Corydoras Arcuatus)

Honestly my favorite is the Pygmy, but you have those already. They are active and hardy.

Besides, who doesn't love corys. Peaceful, fun, low waste, and substrate cleaner! I combo corys with Ottos, and I have the perfect cleaning crew. Unstoppable!! :)

Do you have any suggestions on what else to put with my cories as a cleaning crew? I currently have a 30g (have a 55 just trying to find a top for
It, have everything else) that has 3 cories (waiting for another shipment from LFS to finish the school out, saw the only three in the tank and they looked sad so I decided to rescue them :)) and an albino pleco. Should I consider more of a cleaning crew or is that good enough?

Back
Top Bottom