What's your favorite fish to gaze at?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meashkah

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I love watching my guppies interact with each other but I think my dwarf corys are the most entertaining little things. What's your favorite fish to watch?

While I prefer watching my shrimp because of the amusement I get watching them swim around looking for a mate; I would say my fav. fish to watch is my Red Top Afra. He is ALWAYS digging in the sand and since he is the boss of the tank; he is always trying to mate or chase other fish around.

My favorite fish to watch in freshwater of all time have been zebra danios. Those little dudes are hyper and chase each other for hours.

I really enjoy watching my Bolivian Rams interact with each other. Pretty funny at times with their bickering between each other. Their colors also change quite remarkably depending on many different factors.

Well this may not be a fish

But its my favorite invertebrate lol

My blue crayfish is my favorite to watch because hes always working!

Digging and redecorating my tank is his favorite pastime (when hes not making ill attempts to catch my tetras lol)

And i think watching him molt is one of my favorite experiences in the hobby

Its really breathtaking watching him emerge from his old shell like watching a butterfly emerge from a chrysalis

Right now...Since I only have three fish in my fifty gal, probably my tequila sunrise guppy male, he's pretty. Although, my male sailfin lyretail molly is quite stunning, too! In the future I'll probably be staring at CPD's! :fish1:

The ones in water :) seriously I love almost all fish. The only exceptions are African Cichlids they stress me out I hate how they chase each other all the time but other than that I enjoy them all.

My absolute favorites to watch are my green spotted puffers and my german blue rams. they have such great personalities.

Well this may not be a fish

But its my favorite invertebrate lol

My blue crayfish is my favorite to watch because hes always working!

Digging and redecorating my tank is his favorite pastime (when hes not making ill attempts to catch my tetras lol)

And i think watching him molt is one of my favorite experiences in the hobby

Its really breathtaking watching him emerge from his old shell like watching a butterfly emerge from a chrysalis

I have to go YouTube a blue crayfish now, I'm intrigued.

I also think its cool to see a lot
Of people mention Rams since that is one I have in mind for the future.

Geophagus Jurupari. Always sifting the sand through his gills, and never stops trying to find new spots to explore. I change around the rocks every week so he is always curious.

The ones in water :) seriously I love almost all fish. The only exceptions are African Cichlids they stress me out I hate how they chase each other all the time but other than that I enjoy them all.

My absolute favorites to watch are my green spotted puffers and my german blue rams. they have such great personalities.

That's part of the amusement of a Mbuna tank! As long as they aren't dong any damage to each other it's fine. Although some of the fights they can get in can get pretty brutal.. I usually try to break those up

I will have to say my kuhli loaches or bettas because the bettas are just beautiful and awesome fish...and kuhlis because they are just funny little guys

I dont really have a fav. But since you asked, it's my Cory cats! They are great to watch. Currently have 3 I may go look for more tomorrow.

I dont really have a fav. But since you asked, it's my Cory cats! They are great to watch. Currently have 3 I may go look for more tomorrow.

Agree 100% If they aren't playing in the flow of my filter they are usually chasing each other around or doing something else like digging in the sand.

Funny little things to watch!

Back
Top Bottom