What's your favorite fish to keep?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great white shark. But 2nd is our oscars cuz they seem happy to see you. Mainly for food

I would love to set up an Oscar tank one day. For right now I'd have to say Angelfish. Goldfish and Paradise fish are contenders, but I really like any fish that seems personable even if it's just in my head.

I would love to set up an Oscar tank one day. For right now I'd have to say Angelfish. Goldfish and Paradise fish are contenders, but I really like any fish that seems personable even if it's just in my head.
Haha! Same here. I can pretend they're happy to see me

Right now I really like my Mollies. She swims around my arm when cleaning her tank. She sits in my hand and can be hand fed.

My group of Senegal Bichir because they are very active.

Bettas, gouramis, and rams--because they are smart, curious fish with personalities, who go around the tank actually doing and noticing things. They are attracted to anything new in the tank and explore their surroundings constantly, testing out anything interesting they find. You can see them thinking. I adore my rainbows and tetras--they are beautiful--but mostly they just swim around.

When I built an aquabridge, it was easy to predict which fish would find it and use it. The gourami and the betta started exploring it immediately, and despite some initial trepidation crossed it within an hour of my putting it in the tanks. They LOVED it and would cross it ten or twenty times a day, and sometimes would just sit up in it--I think it gave them a new vantage point for the world. When I took out the bridge to make repairs, I swear the gourami was very upset to lose his connection to the other tank. He circled around the place it had been for a couple of days. The neon and glowlight tetras never used it at all.

Betta fish personally. Think visually there the most striking fish, but beware what fish you plan to keep with them, as they have a tendency to get aggressive.

Pundamilia nyererie, Lethrinops intermedius, Firecracker Tropheus, are my favorites.

definitely my Albino Bristle nose, he's the star of the tank with the random things he does when he thinks he's alone.

My school of Corydoras are my favorite. They are incredibly active and great substrate cleaners ! But it’s between them and my amano shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom