Whats your favorite gravel vac?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The best one would have to be The Aqueon because you dont have to carry buckets of water you just hook it up to your sink and turn it on and it sucks up water and cleans the gravel.

I bought a little electric one and I like it. The one I bought was cheap plastic and took some modifying but it still works. The motor was fine. It was just the pickup tubes that were cheap plastic and cracked. I just bought tubing from the hardware store and it works like a charm. Good for quick cleanups. Everything goes into a bag so if you suck up the wrong thing you just have to empty the bag and put it back in the tank. Worth the $15 dollars.

The best one would have to be The Aqueon because you dont have to carry buckets of water you just hook it up to your sink and turn it on and it sucks up water and cleans the gravel.

I wish I could do that one but my sink doesn't have a disposal and clogs real easy! I'm planning on getting a disposal though! And getting it looked at by my land lord.

Aqueon version is nice but running that much water is a waste for "me." Put the hose outside and suck it at the other end to ues that water for the lawn or plants if you can, I don’t even you use the long suction tube anymore to clean on the 50g. I just use the tube end and get as close to the bottom as I can and do a spin like a tornado & brings all their waste to me. I don’t just do one spot I move all over the place. I'm using sand by the way and that what has worked for me.Now for filling up that tank from the faucet is great! I do it a little different since i premix in a large 32g trash bin & use it only for the fish tank.

I use the Aqueon Water Changer and Vac on my 75 gallon.
It's a "must have" for me. Takes the dirty water and debris out, and puts clean water back in with ease.

I was looking at some of the electric ones on eBay, I wasn't sure if they would have the suction to clean out my overflow. It keeps getting clogged, I use the aqueon tap van for water changes but its to big to clean out the overflow at the top of the tank. But I love the aqueon for water changes. I hook it to my shower head because it wouldn't adapt to any of my taps.

You put the chlorine remover in before you fill the tank and you can alway plug your sink or tub then take a turkey baster and remove the fry. Or do what I do and breed your danios in a small tank with an egg trap when they are nice a fat.

You put the chlorine remover in before you fill the tank and you can alway plug your sink or tub then take a turkey baster and remove the fry. Or do what I do and breed your danios in a small tank with an egg trap when they are nice a fat.

I have really large gravel they get way down in there ! I don't even see them when I'm vacuuming . They are tiny !

image-3240060045.jpg

But the chlorine remover takes 15 minutes to work fully and your supposed to add it to the new water not just the tank? How does it not get into the filter

Then I'd just fish out the breeding pair when your ready and when they are conditioned and put them in your little tank and make an egg trap. That way you get them all and don't have to spent forever fishing them out. Then just remove the parents and put them back in the large tank.

Then I'd just fish out the breeding pair when your ready and when they are conditioned and put them in your little tank and make an egg trap. That way you get them all and don't have to spent forever fishing them out. Then just remove the parents and put them back in the large tank.

Thing is they lay eggs like every freaking other day somehow . I've had them for 3 weeks and they have tiny fry and even this

image-1423089850.jpg

Back
Top Bottom