What's your favorite place to buy an aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zburtle

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm looking to buy a larger aquarium (55 or bigger) and I'm wondering where you guys buy your tanks? I've had good luck with my 40B that I bought from Petsmart but I'm looking for a better value.

Craigslist for sure. Got my 110 gallon with stand and heater for $70. My 50 gallon with stand and filter $70. And my 25 gallon with stand, hood, light filter for $25.

Yup. Has glass lids too. She also gave me some cut to size filter pads, some carbon. An old emperor filter that was broken, a cascade canister filter that broke.

DEFINITELY Craigslist. :)

After the deal we got, I can't imagine buying new ever again. We got a 30 gallon tank (complete with hood, light, etc.) plus the stand, heater, air pump AND filter for $80.

So, basically the complete set-up minus a few things here and there. I had priced it at our lfs and it was going to be $200+ just for the aquarium and stand.

I havent bought anything large but I got my 29 gallon with stand,filter,hood and decorations for $35, from craigslist. When I upgrade I will definitely be using craigslist again.

Back
Top Bottom