Whats your method on water changes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

For water changes, do you use...?

• A cup

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Syphon/Hose

• Water changes?

• Total voters

Neuve

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone. Just wanted to know if you had any advice on how to do water changes. I have 2 small 1 gal tanks and another 4 gal tank. On the small ones i keep bettas and on the "big" one i have some flame and blood fin tetras along with 2 angels, 3 corys n 2 algae eaters.

My q is. ¿Whats the less stressful way to do water changes?
Do you have any tecniques?
Thx
Pato

For my desk tank at work (2 gal hex) I use just plastic cups.

However, every second or third week I use a syphon to vacuum the gravel.

Hm.

Punkymom, i just look for my name. :) Dont see it anywhere so I guess they are not talking about me. :)

If you have a tank larger than a 10 gal you really should use a syphon hose vs using a cup or even a pitcher to scoop water out. The syphon will allow you to clean the substrate of your tank aswell.

LOL. It's ok. I work with 2 people from India and one day they got in an arguement in India people language and my friend and I were looking at each other like we are SO glad they weren't yelling in english. Actually, I took 3 years of Spanish so I can speak a little. Here are my choice phrases:

Como es la hambergesa en el bano...geez I can't spell hamburger in spanish...um...that's not what that says for those of you wondering...LOL

Un cerveza, por favor.

Le cumpleanos aqui.

Well, that's all I know...LOL

Punkymom said:
LOL. It's ok. I work with 2 people from India and one day they got in an arguement in India people language and my friend and I were looking at each other like we are SO glad they weren't yelling in english. Actually, I took 3 years of Spanish so I can speak a little. Here are my choice phrases:

Como es la hambergesa en el bano...geez I can't spell hamburger in spanish...um...that's not what that says for those of you wondering...LOL

Un cerveza, por favor.

Le cumpleanos aqui.

Well, that's all I know...LOL

Your spanish is not that bad, altho i would never eat a Hamburger in the bathroom :lol:

he was asking if i kept FW or SW fishes, and where do i bought them

You have to get your fish from San Diego USA? Is that a hassle to take them back over the border?

lol, Viva mexico CAONES
Here in mexico city i found a fish market. everything is so cheap...
Maybe theres one in baja you should check it out.
Oh well ill have to stay with the syphon.

Back
Top Bottom