What's you're all time favorite fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yakdagnals

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I really just got to thinking and I want to know what is you're all time favorite fiah and why?

I would say freshwater pipefish because they are a unique and a nice challenge for experienced fish keepers.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

(bettaowner) I googled freshwater pipefish, amazing! I really want one :)

My favorite is still a Betta fish, I just replaced my first Betta, a male blue/white butterfly super-delta male after a wonderful 3 year lifespan (RIP Marshall). My new Halfmoon Dumbo male is just as exciting to welcome into my world as the first time around, and is completely unique in personality than my last Betta. I have a community FW and several SW tanks and Betta's are just so smart and complex that they remain my favorite fish

They're really nice especially when they breed. A male microphis decota is unlike anything I've ever seen. They are difficult to keep so my advice is have your live food supply ready a month prior to getting the pipefish.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Mine is the ropefish, definitely not for their color lol, but their personality makes up for it. Mine are hand fed and all over the tank. They love swimming around each other, in and out of things, and just hanging down from my floating plants. I had one pass away a few months back and it's the only fish I ever cried over. It was almost like loosing my dog.

My all-time (current) favorite is the freshwater veil tail angelfish. They're gorgeous, unique and have interesting behaviors to watch. Definitely the most majestic in my tank. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks like I have a lot to learn about different species! My fave (also at the moment) is the Tandanus Catfish. Wouldn't be fair to keep in a four foot, would need a six-eight foot I reckon as they would grow to about a foot in a tank, even then I'm not sure. Have seen a couple of them in a three foot, and with a face like theirs, I couldn't tell if they were smiling or not...in the meantime I'm absolutely loving my common bristlenose pair. And my dwarf gouramis, and...

My favorite has to be either my
Angels of german blue rams. My angels are a platinum pair they are beautiful and have personality. They are always at the top of the tank when I come to feed them. My ram pair just has stunning colors.

The dragonette in my user pic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My favorite that i have owned is the mudskipper. I love their personalities and they are fun to watch hoping around on land chasing crickets.

I don't currently keep any but I'm still a blue ram fanboy

I'm really into red bar endler's right now! Although I've also fallen in love with galaxy rasboras and scarlet Badis, although I haven't been able to keep the rasboras alive :(

I love guppies, angelfish and gouramis (in that order) and all of which are in my tank right now:p
Guppies are awesome because they're happy, fast and cute! My first fish ever were goldfish but I moved on to guppies when I was old enough to choose by myself. My favourite fish have to be the colourful guppies that have always been in my heart:)
Angelfish are graceful fish who remind me of queens, how they rule their kingdom(or tank:p) simply by striding along in a beautiful dress and a veil. My angelfish is about two or one and a half inches and she/he rules around the gouramis and guppies in my tank like a queen would.
Gouramis are peaceful(in m experiences) and are usually centrepiece fish but in my tank are the princes who are loyal to the queen angelfish. They follow her around and even at three inches are scared around her.

I love my beautiful fish! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404837006.710764.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404837200.437773.jpg the guppies were too fast for the camera though:p

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

It's a tie between Polypterus delhezi and Synodontis angelicus for me!

Sent from my iWishiHadaPhone using Aquarium Advice

i have to agree....i've had male & female Bettas fopr quite a while now and they're a hoot! great personalities....but my second fav would be clown loaches, had many thru the yrs and always delighted me with their quirky behaviour...

Not one that I've owned, but I would love to have a tiger oscar. Fav that I've kept... Between the pearl gourami and rainbow praecox.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice assuming the app didn't crash.

Back
Top Bottom