When do I stop feeding First Bites to platy fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
It's been like 4 weeks since he was born and he's almost 1.5 cm he's been eating a pinch of first bites 2 times a day.

When do you think I can feed him flakes?

Also around when is a good time to introduce him to the community tank? I think he misses his parents all alone in his fry tank!

You can introduce him once he is switched over to flakes and is big enough to not get eaten.

vanimal said:
You can introduce him once he is switched over to flakes and is big enough to not get eaten.

Could I introduce him once he's big enough to eat flakes? He's like 1.5cm now and I'm afraid if I introduce him now the platys will still take a shot at him and it would hurt him

Hes 4 weeks old by the way

Wait a little longer. That would terrible if his parents ate him.

They won't try to eat them if he's a cm or more. At that size they are fast enough and strong enough to avoid. If you have decent coverage and hiding spots. If it's a sparsely decorated tank or smaller than 30g, it might be better to wait til 2cm

Aetherbound said:
They won't try to eat them if he's a cm or more. At that size they are fast enough and strong enough to avoid. If you have decent coverage and hiding spots. If it's a sparsely decorated tank or smaller than 30g, it might be better to wait til 2cm

Yeah my dad says give it at least 2 more weeks he knows this kind of stuff if you know what I mean

Back
Top Bottom