When is winter coming?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Advanced

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok soo hello people of all over, before all read all before commenting. my question is as is above. Well reason for my question is... I dont use my aquarium heater because my temps are tooo high in this banana weather its been on 95 since forever. Recently because of rain, its been lower and currently it is 86degrees. I make sure to keep it in a safe temperature as much as i can. Its hard to keep it steady. But my real question. Would help me prepare and be informed so i can get my heater ready. Now just for fun......
[>FUN FACTS<]Ok soo this is WHAT HAS HAPPENED IN MY AQUARIUM?: My fry grew tooo fast with my high temps..(And i still cant tell their gender. I know the genders. Easy)
My lyretial fry have over grown my older fry who are also molly fry but with the dominant tail trait, or normal tail, or the round tail. People keep telling me all my 3-6month old fry are females. All of them. Emmm.. I read differently on the internet. It takes 6 months up to a year. If you have a male present already. I have a female, obviously ill know what a female looks like if they had babies. I have had males. I know what they look like. Im not brainless& I havent lost my bolts.. They have pistols like grown men do. Lol.
Another fun fact or what i have learned from my aquarium is.... Keep moss balls away from Tiny fry!!! I have squashed 2 different batch of fry with a mossball on accident. They rolled on top of them.(between ball and glass/breeder/plastic). I guess i didnt learn the first time. It took me twice to realize mossballs are not a good idea for fry. 2 fry down, no more to go.
What i learned and will never ever do again. Put alot of solutions in my aquarium lol.(cloudy water.) I would put stresscoat, toxic removers and ect.. For my aquariums. When all i needed is one or two things.
One thing i want to keep do is.. Keep my aquarium as planted as possible. They deserve it!! They actually prefer real plants than fake.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Many views.. No answer to my question and i think talking about my aquarium killed the audience with my fun facts about me and my aquarium. Blah... Tring to intruduce myself and my aquarium some more for others who dont know me and my aquarium.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

In about four months.
With higher temps you get faster growth. But supposedly shorter lifespan as well. My heater runs year round since the indoor temps are in the between 66-74 F.
I agree on the live plants although fake plants will do in a pinch of you need instant cover. I prefer the former. Most because of the challenge and diversity. Also, the tank is dynamic and changing over time, which may or may not be a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have always tended towards live plants and I think this is a better way (sometimes) as there is more cover for fry.

I have guppies, I take the heater out in spring, once it starts getting around 70-69f I pop the heater back in.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom