When should I be worried? Betta question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Psylk87

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought two new bettas several weeks ago. I put one each in my shrimp tanks. 1 in a 5 gallon with only shrimp. 1 in a 10 gallon with shrimp and a mystery snail.

The betta in the 10 gallon is eating really well. 5-6 pellets a day. So I am not concerned about him.

The betta in the 5 gallon tank wont eat though. I can get him to maybe 1 a day. Is it possible he is eating baby shrimp and planaria and getting enough to be fine?

I have never had this problem with bettas they are normally such little piggies.

Is there anything I should be watching for to make sure the one in the 5 gallon is doing well?
Neither is acting sick that I can tell. They are both active and have good colors. I am just worried he wont eat.

Dont worry about it until you see signs of illness. Fish can goes weeks without eating. He should acclimate soon and start eating.

It's possible you got picky eaters. You should find out what they ate at the store where you got them. They may be used to eating flakes or some other brand of fish food.

Back
Top Bottom