when to add for fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOMA

Aquarium Advice Addict
i have a 20 gallon female betta sorority tank that has had the females in it since 1-31-11. the tank itself has been up since like august so its pretty mature. i added all 7 fish at the same time so im wondering how long should i wait until i add more fish. also i was wondering what kinda of fish i could add. im thinking of some kinda bottom feeder and some kinda schooling fish.

thanks,
JOMA

You may be able to add some cories for the bottom, but the seven bettas pretty much fill the water column.

7 betta no way can you get a schooling fish in there, some corys on the bottom however will go alright. But the reason there cant be anyother fish is because the bettas make territories and the other fish know that so putting fish that swim straight through them are going to get hurt

What to Add for Fish

i have a 20 gallon female betta sorority tank that has had the females in it since 1-31-11. the tank itself has been up since like august so its pretty mature. i added all 7 fish at the same time so im wondering how long should i wait until i add more fish. also i was wondering what kinda of fish i could add. im thinking of some kinda bottom feeder and some kinda schooling fish.

thanks,
JOMA

JOMA,

It sounds like you are close to max for that tank. Cory's or upside down cats might be ok.:p

so i should get some corys. how many?
could i possibly get some black kuhli loaches?

Pick cories or khulis. Then get 4-5 of whichever you pick. After that, your tank will be completely stocked. No more fish.

Back
Top Bottom