When you don't want to keep a schooling fish anymore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laser

Aquarium Advice Addict
I started out with 8 white clouds. I've had 3 jumpers and 1 death. Now the space where they can jump out is not very large they just seem to be able to find it. So now I have 4 white clouds and I've decided I don't want to keep them anymore, but it's more so that I don't want to bring any new fish into the aquarium. I just got a parasite problem with my goldfish under control and I don't want to risk it.

What do you do when you've decided you don't want to keep a certain schooling fish anymore? When they start to die off and their numbers drop below the acceptable number for a school do you just let it go? Or should you take them to your LFS? It's possible they could end up in a worse spot then they were in. I think they'll be ok with the four of them, but what happens when there's only 3, 2, or 1?

I started out with 8 white clouds. I've had 3 jumpers and 1 death. Now the space where they can jump out is not very large they just seem to be able to find it. So now I have 4 white clouds and I've decided I don't want to keep them anymore, but it's more so that I don't want to bring any new fish into the aquarium. I just got a parasite problem with my goldfish under control and I don't want to risk it.

What do you do when you've decided you don't want to keep a certain schooling fish anymore? When they start to die off and their numbers drop below the acceptable number for a school do you just let it go? Or should you take them to your LFS? It's possible they could end up in a worse spot then they were in. I think they'll be ok with the four of them, but what happens when there's only 3, 2, or 1?

I usually just let them be. In my experience they might be a little bit more stressed but they should be fine.

Back when I was a kid(and didn't know what I was doing), we had a 20 gallon and started off with 6 zebra danios. They all died except one. We then added guppies, who's population exploded! The lone zebra was all by itself among an over abundance of guppies.

Back
Top Bottom