Where can i find ammonia in Ireland?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bullbo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My god I went into two pet stores in my local town today to see if they sold ammonia or knew where I could pick up some as I am going to start a fishless cycle on my 120ltr tank. The woman in the first store was the most ignorant woman I have ever met and started giving out to me as ammonia is toxic and I shouldn't be adding that to my tank. I replied by explaining the "fishless" cycle to her and no fish would be harmed as implied by the name!! She tried to sell me some other water treatments etc. but I just walked out and went to the only other store in the town. The pleasant lady there was only the dog groomer and hadnt a clue about fish an the lady who deals with fish is off for a few days!! Don't get me wrong she was a nice girl but a bit off putting that there was nobody working who could give advice on fish when they have a large fish/aquarium section?? Anyway rant over where can I buy ammonia in Ireland people I have tried the pet stores, two farming co-ops and also boots all to no avail????

My god I went into two pet stores in my local town today to see if they sold ammonia or knew where I could pick up some as I am going to start a fishless cycle on my 120ltr tank. The woman in the first store was the most ignorant woman I have ever met and started giving out to me as ammonia is toxic and I shouldn't be adding that to my tank. I replied by explaining the "fishless" cycle to her and no fish would be harmed as implied by the name!! She tried to sell me some other water treatments etc. but I just walked out and went to the only other store in the town. The pleasant lady there was only the dog groomer and hadnt a clue about fish an the lady who deals with fish is off for a few days!! Don't get me wrong she was a nice girl but a bit off putting that there was nobody working who could give advice on fish when they have a large fish/aquarium section?? Anyway rant over where can I buy ammonia in Ireland people I have tried the pet stores, two farming co-ops and also boots all to no avail????

You should be able to get it at a grocery store or pharmacy. Where exactly in Ireland do you live? I still have family there but most of them are in England just outside of London now.

Thanks shenanigans I live in county Wexford, I tried one of the main supermarkets in town. Ill go to a couple more pet shops nearby and see what I can find.

Thanks shenanigans I live in county Wexford, I tried one of the main supermarkets in town. Ill go to a couple more pet shops nearby and see what I can find.

You could also get some online as well if you can't get it locally.

Hardware shops in Dublin sell it. You wont get it in supermarket, boots or pet shops. Try a hardware shop (local) or a big shop like Woodies? Not sure how close you are to one of those in Wex.

Cheers lynx ill try woodies there is one in Wexford town and One in bray where i work. Appreciate all the help guys.

Back
Top Bottom