Where can I find these fish elsewhere?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

George9

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am really liking the Angelfish USA philippine blue angels, the smokey blue one to be exact. But the $50 shipping fee is just way too much for me. I couldnt see paying $80 on just one fish. I wish i lived in Florida, shipping is only $10 there!

So my question is, are there any other online retailers around that sell philippine blue Angels with more reasonable shipping prices?

Because I'm frugal, not cheap ;)

Ive been looking for them also for a while, and the only online source ive found is the same one you did im sure. my lfs could get them shipped in, but then the mark-up would be even more. they just aren't available enough to get inexpensively. Cobalt blue angels are equally as stunning IMO and a little more available and cheaper. look into em. ;)

Since you didn't say what site you checked, did you check out aquabid? I see them on there all the time. Shipping was reasonable, the stock looked good and the seller (s) had good reviews.

I checked aquabid out and I saw a bunch, but most were like 6 or 5 packs and I only wanted one lol

Im probably going to just buy the ones at Angelfish USA. I'll treat myself lol.

Thanks for all your input, everyone :)

You could always contact the sellers and see if they'll sell 1 or 2. Most don't offer it because the shipping cost sometimes doesn't justify the stock cost or effort to ship, so unless it makes you happy to keep usps in business it doesn't make sense.

Why are you getting only one? I suggest to grow out at least two or three and rehome or sell the adult extras, if any.

jetajockey said:
You could always contact the sellers and see if they'll sell 1 or 2. Most don't offer it because the shipping cost sometimes doesn't justify the stock cost or effort to ship, so unless it makes you happy to keep usps in business it doesn't make sense.

Why are you getting only one? I suggest to grow out at least two or three and rehome or sell the adult extras, if any.

Well, I just wanted one because that's what I wanted in my 60 g tank. I dont think I have extra tanks to grow other angels out, unless I put them in the 60 g too until they get bigger to sell. Would there be aggression if I had 3 small angels in a 60 g tank until they got bigger?

I don't know your stock list or goals but as a temporary situation its probably fine. The aggression issue between angels tends to pop up when they get breeding age.

I suggested going with multiple for several reasons. First, ordering a single fish isn't usually worth the shipping cost. More important, what if something happens to that fish? Juveniles can be hit and miss sometimes, especially with selective bred strains. Also, you have more options when you grow out a few, some are prettier or more colorful than others, and in a 1 fish purchase don't count on a seller to spend the time singling out their absolute best.

jetajockey said:
I don't know your stock list or goals but as a temporary situation its probably fine. The aggression issue between angels tends to pop up when they get breeding age.

I suggested going with multiple for several reasons. First, ordering a single fish isn't usually worth the shipping cost. More important, what if something happens to that fish? Juveniles can be hit and miss sometimes, especially with selective bred strains. Also, you have more options when you grow out a few, some are prettier or more colorful than others, and in a 1 fish purchase don't count on a seller to spend the time singling out their absolute best.

Hmm, lemme think. In the tank there are rummynose and Kerri tetras, kuhli loaches, a couple rainbows, and a young apisto. Edit- and 4 platies

Yeah it probably wouldn't be logical just to buy one, and pay double for shipping. If I were to buy multiple, I'd have to buy off aquabid and wait a little white because the blue angels on there now are hardly blue. But I did find some good deals. Maybe i could find a member here with some for sale.

Thanks for the help on this one :)

Back
Top Bottom