where is the best place to set the heater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobc4d

Aquarium Advice Freak
just one of those random questions. where is the best place to set the heater? I have a 36G bow front, I have the filter (Pinguine 200) on the left side (facing tank) and the heater on the right side. it works fine as I have a temperature probe on the left side of the tank, the temp is right in line where I have it set.

would it be ok to move the probe to the same side as the filter? I know, don't mess with it if it work, just thinking about asthetics of the tank.

I have my heater laying on the substrate underneath the intake and surrounded by ... But not touching DW. It was all about the aesthetics .. I got tired of seeing the heater .. Wanted as all natural look as possible. Not much I could do with the power cord, but at least it blends in a bit with my black background.

I put the heaters at an angle below the intakes of my filters. I think it broadcasts the warmed up water around the tank better.

I also use two heaters per tank, as a backup and to have consistent temps all over.

Back
Top Bottom