where would you buy from...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sobersteve323

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had 12 cories and lost all but 3 to velvet (long story in other threads). I want to bump their numbers back up but I don't have many options for stores in my area.

What would you do... Buy more from the same lfs that I got them originally from (and the velvet) OR from another store that you can obviously see ich on the fish? Would be treating for ich and/or velvet in QT of course after purchasing.

I don't want my remaining three to have a lower quality of life without a shoal if possible.

Thanks for your opinions!

When does you LFS get their fish stock delivered? Are you getting them right when they get to the store or are you letting them wait a few days to acclimate to the store tanks before taking them home. also, what are your parameters compared to the LFS? I assume they are staying alive in the LFS. corries are sensitive, and I have found if the tank water isn't to their liking then fatalities occur.Are you doing frequent water changes?

Back
Top Bottom