Wheres my shrimps gone??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Em29uk

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had 3 red cherry shrimps in a tank with 2 Molly's, 3 neon tetras, 3 Yamato shrimps and 2 snails and the red cherry shrimps have vanished, why? Has my fish eaten them? :(

I must defend the Mollies. :lol: I have 4, and have had as many as 20 (babies), in my tank. I also have neon tetras, eight. They never bother my ghost shrimp or blue pearl shrimp. I have ghost shrimp breeding like crazy and they have taken over my tank. The fish have never eaten them. The little ghost shrimp will take food away from the mollies. My blue pearls do hide until feeding time. I thought they had all died until I did a careful look around my tank. They were under, on, and inside of every plant. Just hard to find.

I must defend the Mollies. :lol: I have 4, and have had as many as 20 (babies), in my tank. I also have neon tetras, eight. They never bother my ghost shrimp or blue pearl shrimp. I have ghost shrimp breeding like crazy and they have taken over my tank. The fish have never eaten them. The little ghost shrimp will take food away from the mollies. My blue pearls do hide until feeding time. I thought they had all died until I did a careful look around my tank. They were under, on, and inside of every plant. Just hard to find.

How did you get the ghosties to breed and survive?

Well, they just did. I started with 5 in my 29 gallon tank and now have so many I had to divide them into other tanks. I was very surprised when I found a teeny tiny ghost shrimp while moving some plants around. I soon found many more. They are breeding in all of my tanks. I have lots of floating plants and moss trees that are close to the water line. I think it gives the larvae plenty of hiding places until they turn into shrimp. I also feed my molly fry Hikari first bites and I think it helps. The food is like dust and I think it is small enough for the larvae to eat. All my shrimp love it too. When I put it in the tank, they all scramble out and start sucking it in. It looks like my substrate is alive there are so many.

Back
Top Bottom