Which 240 gallon! Why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which 240 gallon! Why?

• Total voters
I like tall tanks, always had some. The fact is, that they take away less space and you can stock them better for the water regions. My endlers are most time on the top, the Otos in the lower and middle regions, the dwarf gourami on the top and the German Blue Ram in the Middle. The Kribs are nearly only on the bottom. That way you can fill up your water regions better and won't stress different territorial fish.

On the other hand I could imagine a long tank would be better for a school to swim from one side to the other and for a little longer fish. Further, it would probably be also better for your floor if it's a wood floor, since a high aquarium has more weight on a smaller footprint.

And hey, congrats on the huge tank :wink: .

My wife pick out a fairly plain cabinet because we are having the company that made our office furniture, refurbish the cabinet to match. The lid is also being built by this company. I decided to go with a one piece lid design of the full 96" width. Being that there is gonna be a fairly decent amount of weight per length involved, I am having it hinged in the back at five points. The entire lid will tilt back with a twist of the handle, using long gas struts like are found on most hatch back minivans. This creative idea was thought out by my 6 year old daughter while unloading the groceries. Children are so brilliant.

lonewolfblue....If I knew there was a 300 gallon tank made with the dimension of 96 long x 30 wide x 25 tall. I would have mention this to my wife. She really wanted to get a 300 until I mentioned the height problems that we would have had. Either way, its alittle to late now because she confirmed the order today. I'm still tickled with the 240! :D

I laid out the measurement of (96 long x 30 wide) x 25 tall. That would be one monster of a tank!!! Fish heaven actually :!:

:( I apologize for not mentioning the type of fish I have due to confrontation. Trust me, If some people wouldn't make such a stink about it, I would :!:

Is this a WIFE confrontation? :) People here would give advice, but I don't think there would be a confrontation.... A wife on the other hand, you have to actually listen to her. Have you considered HIS and HERS 240 gallon tanks? 8O

I just bought a 300, 96' x 30" x 25" from Glasscages. The lenth, IMO, is much more interesting and fun then the height. I would suggest the longer tank. My tank is glass, the company told me is was 900 lbs. dryweight, after moving it with 10 big guys, I believe them.

I've read another threat and a few times before that glasscages absoulutely sucks when it comes to costumer service. If anything goes wrong you're totally on your own, even if it was their fault!

Nevertheless, I would like to know too what fishes you're gonna have! Must be something very interesting!

My wife use to have a 75 gallon salt water tank when we met. She must have worked so hard on it for so long, because the beauty and color this tank held was breath taking! 8O I stopped by her apartment a few days later to see how she was doing and the tank was gone. She said that her drunk x-boyfriend (whom mentally and physically abused her for years)(and whom I rescued her from) came into her apartment through the sliding glass patio door and busted her tank with a baseball bat. She lost everything she worked so hard for. "Cried for days!" I offered to take her out and buy her another aquarium setup but she insisted that she would rather wait to see if she would need another.... Years after marriage, she finally explained what she ment by need another aquarium. She said the only reason she had an aquarium back then was to help her escape the pain and stress she delt with daily in the situation she was living. She said that she kept the tank so beautiful because the fish were the only ones that appreciated all the things she did! :cry:

She said her life doesn't need one any longer :D

We have been happily married for 10 yrs.and still growing stronger and more fulfilling with each passing day!
Our family consist of our 2 children (1 Boy & 1 Girl)
Our 4 foster children (2 Boys & 2 Girls) whom lost thier parents 2 1/2 years ago in a fatal automoble accident. :cry: Now they have us :p
120lb.GermanShepherd-named SmokeyJoe;
2lb BigmouthBass-named Bubba;
Teddibear Hamster named SpongeBob

:wink: How was that! :wink:

You are a REAL good guy :kiss: !
I hope that other guy got his butt kicked :evil: !
That really sounds like a wonderful marriage with lots of love you've got now!

So now you'll get an aquarium again for the fun the hobby brings. I have a tank because my husband works a lot (I'm college student right now) and my family and friends live in Germany, where I come from. So for me it's so I don't feel so lonely during the day. But I haven't yet started talking to the fish :wink: :mrgreen: .

Back
Top Bottom