Which 36" tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bullnugget

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am ready to do aquariums again, I miss my 55. I got rid of it due to space, but now I have a spot that I can put a 36" long aquarium that is out of the way, but in good sight.

I have been trying to find a used 65 gallon...36x18x24, which has lead me to no luck.

I am going to expand my search for a 50 Gallon breeder.....36x18x19

And there is the 40 gallon breeder....36x18x16, which I do not like due to it being so short.

I had my heart set on Lake Malawai cichlids. But I could also go for a low maintenance planted. I was told the extra height of the 65 may not be suitable for cichlids because they will not use all of the tank.

What should I go with? Opinions please. I am dead set on a 36x18 foot print.

I think the 40b is an awesome tank size. Just get a tall stand to go along with it. My 40b is right next to my computer and is the perfect height.

The 50b would be nice as well despite being very hard to find. I would say no to the 65 however as it's hard to light a tank that tall.

Imho, a 36" tank just isn't right for african cichlids. They really should have a 4ft long tank.

Back
Top Bottom