Which algae eater for a 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They should get by just fine with whatever algae and biofilm is in the tank, they should also scavenge whatever good is left behind by your other fish. I haven't had to feed any of my snails yet.

In case you notice there's nothing in your tank for them to eat for an extended amount of time

Ok another question,I want to add some plants to my tank but have no idea how.I asked around a bit and apparently a plant called java fern doesn't really require care-all you need to do is add it to your tank.Is this true?Also,what would happen if I just bought a moss ball and added it?

All true aquatic plants require care, just some dont require much. Java ferns are great less demanding low light plants. Attach them to driftwood, rocks or decorations that aren't too smooth, or plant the roots making sure the rhizome isn't buried. The don't require much fertilization so no need for root tabs but I would suggest dosing a product like seachem flourish comprehensive weekly. A bottle of flourish would last a very long time with a ten gallon tank.

All true aquatic plants require care, just some dont require much. Java ferns are great less demanding low light plants. Attach them to driftwood, rocks or decorations that aren't too smooth, or plant the roots making sure the rhizome isn't buried. The don't require much fertilization so no need for root tabs but I would suggest dosing a product like seachem flourish comprehensive weekly. A bottle of flourish would last a very long time with a ten gallon tank.

What kind of decorations should I attach it to?I don't have any driftwood or rocks

What kind of decorations should I attach it to?I don't have any driftwood or rocks
Whatever you want. I've attached java fern and anubias nana to the tan cave decoration you have to the far left in your photos. I used to have the same one. Use a rubber band or fishing line and then in a month or so you should be able to remove the bands

Whatever you want. I've attached java fern and anubias nana to the tan cave decoration you have to the far left in your photos. I used to have the same one. Use a rubber band or fishing line and then in a month or so you should be able to remove the bands

Oh great!so rubber bands are fine in the tank?nothing gets messed up

Oh great!so rubber bands are fine in the tank?nothing gets messed up

As long as they're clean I guess. I used rubber bands from the LFS that they use to tie fish bags up with. They'll deteriorate in your water eventually, but you should be taking them out long before that happens

As long as they're clean I guess. I used rubber bands from the LFS that they use to tie fish bags up with. They'll deteriorate in your water eventually, but you should be taking them out long before that happens
So I need to buy :
•1 Nerite snail(use rubber band)
•1 java fern
•1 seachem flourish?

You could probably do 2 or 3 nerites if you wanted, but I wouldn't use rubber bands on them, the rubber bands are for the java fern haha.

Ok,time to get back in business.So right now my tank is cycled and the current stocking is:
2 black neons tetras
2 neon tetras
2 guppies
1 emerald green Cory

I am getting some serious algae in my tank.I want to buy 2 Otos to take care of this problem.I looked on AqAdvisor and it said it would be fine.Any advice?

Back
Top Bottom