Which cories are those?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

senemedar

Aquarium Advice Freak
Bought those two little fellas yesterday and... forgot the name :hide: Can you ID them for me, please?

Also-- they seem to be a bit relentless, is that normal? I thought they be sitting on the bottom more, and they seem to be all over the place :)

Attachments

• image-3947437928.jpg
    image-3947437928.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 111
  • image-3037866150.jpg
    image-3037866150.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 104
I have cories & their always on the go, great little guys. Not sure which kind you have, mine are albinos & julli,s.

From the Picture...I which I could enlarge it....I think you have Otocinclus Catfish

They move around a lot when introduced in a new tank

From the Picture...I which I could enlarge it....I think you have Otocinclus Catfish

I've been told they are almost adult size and don't grow much larger than that :brows:
On a serious note though-- I'm surprised because they're quite big on my computer - just click on the image and it goes into gallery mode...

They are both bottom and middle dwellers. Corydoras pygmaeus are very active.

Looks like those to me, and the name sounds familiar as well :) Thank you!

Apparently I need to buy more next week, as I read they like company. Can I get like 6 in my 25 litres tank with Betta in it?

I've been told they are almost adult size and don't grow much larger than that :brows:
On a serious note though-- I'm surprised because they're quite big on my computer - just click on the image and it goes into gallery mode...

Looks like those to me, and the name sounds familiar as well :) Thank you!

Apparently I need to buy more next week, as I read they like company. Can I get like 6 in my 25 litres tank with Betta in it?

Unfortunately, I think that is too small for pygmy cories. They would do better in a 10g tank. The betta might also be mean. Some bettas will be nice to other fish. Some will not.

Pton46 said:

Second that don't look like Cory's to me

Unfortunately, I think that is too small for pygmy cories. They would do better in a 10g tank. The betta might also be mean. Some bettas will be nice to other fish. Some will not.

The Betta is actually the most laid-back fish I've ever seen :D
Maybe there's something in my apartment, but everything is calm here-- the Betta, the Red Tailed Shark (that co-exists with Red Cherries) and even a cat, that sleeps like 40 hours a day :)

That is the same variety of "pigmy cory" we have. Cute little buggers. That variety, I have both been told and observed, are actually more active mid-level swimmer. But like most cories, will settle down from time to time.

Pton46 said:

Definitely, 100% certain not Ottos

Back
Top Bottom