which filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cogburn

Aquarium Advice Freak
im still getting all my ducks in a row for my 150 gal tank... nothing wrong with research... im between 2 different filters... im going to get either (2) cascade 1500 canister filters... 350gph each... or (1) rena filstar xp4... 450 gph... the thing im torn about is... yes ill have alot more gph with the 2 cascades... and... i can get both cascades for much less than the xp4... but is having 2 filters a pain in the butt? having 2 filters to clean and find media for? im thinking with just 1 filter it might be easier... and 450gph would be 3x the tank volume per hour... but the cascades would be about 5.5x the tank volume per hour... i just need opinions... thanks in advance...

-Larry

I'd go with a FX5 and AC110 but thats just me.

Two filters are recommended for redundancy.

i may sound like an idiot here... but most canister filters have a spray bar right? would i have to have 2 spray bars if i had 2 canister filters?

Yes you would, if you wanted to you could rig them into one spray bar but might as well have two.

oh well... i think im gonna get the 2 cascades... im not gonna get the tank for another few months.. but bigals has free shipping right now... so maybe ill order the filters, heaters, and some other asst. items to take advantage of the shipping

I got my XP4s on ebay as well, 1 for $125 and one for $150. Dunno what the cascade filters cost.

I run 2 XP4s on my 125, FWIW.

Back
Top Bottom