Which filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anna94

Aquarium Advice FINatic
1. Marineland Penguin
2. AquaClear
3. Seachem Tidal

Out of all three of these filters, which is the quietest and better filter? I’m leaning more towards the Marinland 200 or 350 because they’re cheaper than the Seachem Tidals and AquaClears. But I want to hear your guys’ thoughts.

Tank Filter

1. Marineland Penguin
2. AquaClear
3. Seachem Tidal

Out of all three of these filters, which is the quietest and better filter? I’m leaning more towards the Marinland 200 or 350 because they’re cheaper than the Seachem Tidals and AquaClears. But I want to hear your guys’ thoughts.

Hello Anna...

The best filter for the money is a dual sponge filter. About $10.00 online. They work as well as any of the pricier brands and you never need to buy and replace filter media. You will need to get a good air pump and length of plastic tubing, but this is another 25 or 30 dollars. Still much less than a standard electrical filter. The real filter is the large, weekly water change. Change half or more of the water weekly and you'll have no tank problems.

B

Hello Anna...

The best filter for the money is a dual sponge filter. About $10.00 online. They work as well as any of the pricier brands and you never need to buy and replace filter media. You will need to get a good air pump and length of plastic tubing, but this is another 25 or 30 dollars. Still much less than a standard electrical filter. The real filter is the large, weekly water change. Change half or more of the water weekly and you'll have no tank problems.

B

I have a sponge filter already in my tank and I had an airline hooked up to it but the air pump started getting noisy so I switched to a powerhead.

Back
Top Bottom