Which filter for 30g planted tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jetstorm369

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys, I was thinking about an Aquaclear 70? I'd just have to remove the carbon filter, since it is a planted tank. However, I have heard that the AC 70 may be too turbulent for a planted 30g tank? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Hey guys, I was thinking about an Aquaclear 70? I'd just have to remove the carbon filter, since it is a planted tank. However, I have heard that the AC 70 may be too turbulent for a planted 30g tank? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

As mentioned you can turn the the flow down on the 70. I have an AC-70 on my 75gal (along with a marineland 20gal HOB)and although the 70 by itself would not technically not enough for a 75, it has plenty of flow and I feel could easily handle my tank. So imagine the flow a 70 would have in a 30 ... even if you turn the flow down.

However, you could consider an AC-50, still has a 20gal+ capacity than your tank so it should give you plenty of filtration ... and you could still turn it down.

Back
Top Bottom