Which fish can go together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maffnnat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is it ok to have 1 Bolivian ram,1 siemese fighter and some male guppies or will they clash? Thanks!

It really all depends on the temperament of the fish you get. These fish are not really in the "great compatibility" range but it can definitely be pulled off. Sometimes Bettas can get aggressive with guppies as they may see their flowing fins as competition. But once again it depends on the fish. When I was acclimating my Betta to a community, I put him in a breeder cage so the fish could get used to each other at a safe distance, and it lessened aggression. Now he lives happily with my bolivian ram and dwarf gourami.

Also tank size matters a lot so make sure its a nice spacious tank for them to swim as cramped spaces lead to more aggression/territory disputes.

Thanks. Would a ram and a guorami be ok with guppies? It's a new tank so I'm just trying to decide what to get. Cheers

A dwarf gourami. I have a 55 litre ( 14.5 gallon) tank

Yes those fish could definitely work and it should be a lot easier with a dwarf gourami than a betta. Have fun setting up that tank! ;)

Back
Top Bottom