Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-07-2006, 11:52 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

which medication for sick fish?

I have some rainbows I just recently bought and have quarantined them. I have noticed their poo is white and stringy, which leads me to believe it is an internal parasite or internal bacterial infection. Does anyone know how to tell the difference and what kind of medicine and where I can find it? I have heard of medicated food, but not sure if that is the way to go, and don't know where to find it. It's not at Petsmart or Petco for sure.

Old 11-07-2006, 12:02 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to tropicfishman
melafix or primafix, one of them take scare of interal parasites, I don't rememebr which one, maybe both, but eithe rone is awesome

Old 11-07-2006, 06:06 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Petsmart generally carries Jungle anti-parasite food and/or gel-tek ultra cure px for parasites and Jungle anti-bacterial food and gel-tek ultra cure bx for bacteria. You may have to crush the jungle food for smaller fish. Some fish ignore the gel-tek food so you may have to add it to some other food. Heres some links gel tek foods and three for jungle anti-bacteria packaging,
anti-parasite packaging, and bottles
Old 11-07-2006, 11:01 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
Melafix and pimafix, IMO will not do anything for internal parasites. Apocalypse_Gold has nailed my first choice for treatment for internal parasites. If the fish refuse to eat the food, you can try Jungle's Parasite clear.

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ich, ick, medication, sick, sick fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com