Which Shrimp is this please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashif314

Aquarium Advice Addict
Want you to please id this shrimp. Its yellow and mostly have a yellow spine.

Video_20171017031846595_by_videoshow_000003.jpg
Video_20171017031639268_by_videoshow_000003.jpg

It looks like a Neocardinia heteropoda sp. Its the wild type of the red cherry shrimp.

I think that if it were Neocardinia heteropoda it would be smaller. I think most likely it is a Caridina japonica shrimp. (Amano)

Glass Shrimp/Ghost Shrimp

Or it could also be a algae shrimp
Glass one is the glass catfish. Looking like a shrimp in picture. Aren't all shrimps are algae shrimps?
It looks like a Neocardinia heteropoda sp. Its the wild type of the red cherry shrimp.

I think that if it were Neocardinia heteropoda it would be smaller. I think most likely it is a Caridina japonica shrimp. (Amano)
Definitely look like a neocaridina heteropoda yellow shrimp. I still don't know its normal common name. Sometimes it is called neon or yellow shrimp. Is this kind of cherry shrimp?

If that's what it is, Neocardinia Heteropoda IS its name. Red cherry, yellow etc. Are just trade names, the wild type doesn't have a trade name.

If that's what it is, Neocardinia Heteropoda IS its name. Red cherry, yellow etc. Are just trade names, the wild type doesn't have a trade name.
Thanks. Its little confusing. Neocaridina davidi also look like cherry?

For an absolute ID you will need a much closer pic, with higher definition, and something to give a sense of scale near it.

That naming and reclassifying thing causes all kinds of confusion.

Good in the long run but a mess for the regular people trying to figure it all out with so many different names floating around.

That naming and reclassifying thing causes all kinds of confusion.

Good in the long run but a mess for the regular people trying to figure it all out with so many different names floating around.
Exactly. I had headache yesterday really finding the exact name. I just always want to know name of every species I have in tank. I will call them yellow shrimps then [emoji1] I hope my red cherry shrimps grow quick and start to come out from there favorite hiding space.

Back
Top Bottom