White bubbles on surface

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, today I changed my sand in my boraras tank all went well.
But tonight I've noticed a thick layer of bubbles on the surface? When I open the lid you can here them popping? Sand was washed before adding. All fish and inverts are well.
Any idea's what it is? Or what can I do to help it?.
Thank you 1485035390761.jpg

There's obviously something in the water, probably from the sand.
A significant water change is needed as your O2 exchange at the surface is completely eliminated.

I've done a pwc and checked filters, everything was fine till I turned the filters back on? Then bubbles are building up again.
All fish and inverts are doing well.
Thanks for the help

Ill be honest.....never seen anything like that. Id definitely do large wc maybe two back to back. I would also be concerned with o2 issues.

Im following this. Hopefully there was no soap residue in whatever you cleaned sand in.

Going to do another change. It's strange as they're just bubbles no oil or film on the surface?
All the tank's I've set up haven't done this. And definitely haven't used soap.

Sounds strange but is your filter working properly?

I had 3 HOBs in the past and i changed the sand and i didnt notice 1 of my HOBs sucked some sand into the impellar. After a day of the filter not working i got something similar to this. Just giving options

Unipac black lompopo, I've actually got the same sand in my betta tank. I've lowered my filters and spraybars and the bubbles aren't as bad? It's like the bubbles are coming out of the spraybar going down then hitting the surface but aren't dispersing? Thanks for the help

Oops just noticed...Scotland lol. I think you make be onto something if the canister is sucking air.

Increased aeration and bubbles get worse. Hopefully it will settle all fish are OK showing no sign of distress.
Yep boring Scotland lol

I was just thinkin that perhaps the surface level of the water is stagnant, catching and preserving the bubbles

I'll take another look at them both. Going to do another change shortly hopefully it'll settle down.
Thank you both for the help.
I'll keep you informed [emoji1]

Just an update, all bubbles had disappeared by yesterday morning so obviously the lot off pwc I had done and lowering the spraybar has helped.
Turned the filters back up today and everything is fine [emoji3]

Back
Top Bottom