Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-03-2011, 04:33 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

White cloud minnow

After discovering clear eggs, the size of a grain of sand, I now discover I have some hatched White cloud minnows. I cannot believe how small these fry are. They are like a tiny shard of glass. I'm currently struggling with getting baby angels to feed even with live brine shrimp, so how the he'll am I gonna get these to eat!,,,.?

Old 10-03-2011, 08:33 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

ive heard of 'liquifry' and i think its a food for egg laying fish's fry..look it up

Old 10-03-2011, 09:41 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

In a pinch you can use a hard boiled egg yolk, it's messy and very easy to polute your tank. Or try smashing flake food into a fine power...put some in a baggie and keep working it with you fingers or a rolling pin.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:43 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I had a group of them in my 10 gallon QT tank for a few weeks, and they spawned several times. The fry seemed to be doing fine feeding on whatever micro-critters they found among the java moss and floating plants, then would disappear overnight. I took down the tank thinking to replace it with a 29, then found there wasn't enough space above it to do water changes. I put the 10 back in place, but left the 5 gallon bucket full of water sitting on the floor ratehr than immdeiately dumping it. A couple days later I saw some fry, after a week I counted 7. They remained in the bucket with a dozen or so ramshorn snails and some debris from the siphoning of the tank when it was emptied until a few days ago. No filter, heater, or even water changes for probably 2 months, just duckweed (replaced a couple times after the snails ate it) and once daily feedings of powdered flake food. They all grew out just fine, while I only had 2 of the fry in the 10 gallon tank survive long enough to grow out to a similar size.
I use 2 flat pieces of marble to grind flakes into a fine powder for tiny fry.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:55 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Minnow fry feeding. I have a small adult tank with 15 adults. Every day I give the plastic fry grass a shake and syphon out debris and eggs. Separate eggs into spare tank and next day I got fry. They are surviving on the liquifry, and now some taking brine shrimp.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:07 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Feed them hard boiled egg yolk through a turkey baster.

Tags
cloud, minnow, white cloud

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com