White cloud minnow acting strange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Exigenn

Aquarium Advice Freak
White cloud minnow sick?

So i began the stocking process on my new 60 gallon yesterday, after power outage running a generator after about 2hrs everything was normal. Temps swung a bit but nothing to crazy.

Tanks been up and running for roughly a week with pre-seeded media in it.

Current stocking:

1 Flame tail honey gourami
2 praecox Rainbowfish
6 White cloud that had a ton of color surprisingly
5 paleatus Corydoras (I Think, might post pic here and see if anyone can ID)
5 Pristella tetra (I think, might post pic here and see if anyone can ID)

There is also currently 4 neon tetras and 5 cardinal tetras in their because of the power thing (planned on moving back today but now im hesitant) I have had these fish for several months prior to moving with no losses.

The gourami and rainbows are only about and inch at and i have been watching the tank quite a bit, no bullying going on atm. I realize some stocking may/will need to get changed but thats not what this is about.

So after doing about a 15% change yesterday i went to do a 25% today being that its still a fairly new tank. Only to notice 5 of my white cloud were either floating/hovering near the top or laying on the substrate with very little movement. Even after sticking a net in their to move them to a different tank temporarily they let me net them without moving.

Water parameters are good and no other fish seem to be having any problems. They looked healthy at LFS I turned my heater down to 75 from 78 thinking maybe something with the heat. My LFS also QTs fish before putting out for sale.

Any input would be appreciated.

Well its been about an hour, just found another White cloud floating belly up, Went to net him and he is still alive but barely

while doing that i found a neon terta, sitting on the substrate belly up not moving, same deal went to net him and he is still alive but barely.

Something must have gotten into the tank, I have no clue what. The colors are the same i don't notice anything different in the fish or the ones still swimming. No clue what to do

Well 2 of the white clouds are dead along with the neon tetra, 2 of the other white clouds seem to be doing much better all of a sudden, swimming against the current ect. I put an air stone in the tank along with the 25% water change. I will see how it goes.

:( I'm sorry they caught dead. Wish I had insight to offer. Here's a unicorn, ?, I hope the rest thrive!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom