white cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Candi thank you :) have you had this problem often? Or was it a one time thing? wonder why you had so much air..?

Greenphantom said:
Alot of people want you to use CHEMICALS BUT I NEVER USE CHEMICALS UNLESS ITS A LAST RESORT

The only chemicals I have put in mine is dechlorinator, leaf zone (decided I didn't like it and have stopped) and a small amount of salt. I have yet to kill any fish...

I know there are experts here, and I am not claiming to be! I am only speaking on what MY experience was. You could see the air in my tank. I didn't know it was at first because it was very white.... Partial water changes didn't help. When someone suggested it to me it made no sense the water was too cloudy to be air and had been for days. Out of desperation I tried this...

Tetra Aquarium Water Clarifier - PetSupplies.com

It did take more than a few hours. More like a couple of days but it worked. I wish you luck!

See, now we know that it wasn't air because flocculants, such as water clarifiers, won't affect air in the tank.

aqua_chem said:
See, now we know that it wasn't air because flocculants, such as water clarifiers, won't affect air in the tank.

I have heard water clarifiers are one of those ploys to get us to buy, buy, buy..
So my thinking:
1-she waited days before adding the drops and
2-it took days after adding for it to clear up
Perhaps she had a bacteria bloom too and it remedied its self drops or no drops?

smomus said:
I have heard water clarifiers are one of those ploys to get us to buy, buy, buy..
So my thinking:
1-she waited days before adding the drops and
2-it took days after adding for it to clear up
Perhaps she had a bacteria bloom too and it remedied its self drops or no drops?

Most likely.

smomus said:
Candi thank you :) have you had this problem often? Or was it a one time thing? wonder why you had so much air..?

The only chemicals I have put in mine is dechlorinator, leaf zone (decided I didn't like it and have stopped) and a small amount of salt. I have yet to kill any fish...

No it only happened once! No idea why... But it helped.

aqua_chem said:

I googled it.., found a suggestion of air. The guy at the pet store agreed. When I read the bottle it mentioned air in the tank that makes it look cloudy. Then I looked and I saw the tiny air bubbles. That's why I believed and still do, that it was air! Not here to debate. I have no idea what goes on in anyone else's tank, don't pretend to know. But mine had air. The bottle read it should clear in 24 hours and if not to repeat. I repeated and it worked.

Chemicals are bad there is no quick cures to anything in the aquarium hobby all there is is trial and error. It takes time you can't just take a bunch of fish and throw them in an aquarium first you cycle the tank etc. Do some research I am almost sure your problem derived from not cycling properly I am not giving you a hard time just do your home work is all I am saying but like I said try to steer away from chemicals ask any of these guys on here that have been in the hobby for years I am sure they will agree

Water is a chemical. I've only used clarifiers a few times, but I don't know of any side effects that happen from using them, they work well for their intended purpose. I've used the biomagnet clarifier that comes in packages of caribsea ecocomplete, and I've used seachem clarity.

Back
Top Bottom