Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-17-2005, 07:03 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

White cloudy water....what the hell

my tank was fine today at 1 oclock, i came home at 5 and it was soo cloudy i couldnt even see my fish,

what is this?
wat can i do to clear it up?

heres what i see....

[/img]

Old 10-17-2005, 07:14 PM   #2

Ok... first, how long has your tank been set up? What are your water parmeter? Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate... How many fish do you have? what kind of filtration?
Old 10-17-2005, 07:41 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

the tank has been up for over a year with no problems, and i have angles, plecs and some gouramis
Old 10-17-2005, 07:50 PM   #4

The tank looks like it has algae growing all over the glass... maybe you should try cleaning your glass and doing a water change... how often do you currently do water changes? What are your readings of Nitrate, Ammonia, Nitrite?
Old 10-17-2005, 08:13 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

That looks like green water to me; an algae bloom. Change lots of water over the next few days and cut the lights.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:21 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

ok, thanks
i have an slimy green algee growing, it took over the string algea about 1 month ago, but no bloom like this, i expected it was an algea bloom, i will change the water over the next few days, i change thee water once/week.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:25 PM   #7

do you have a test kit? what sort of filter do you run? it will really help us to help you if you give us more of an idea of what your tank is like.

Tags
cloud, cloudy, cloudy water, white cloud

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com