Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-22-2004, 02:23 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Send a message via AIM to DiscowDJ
white streaks on glass, INSIDE

I just noticed some streaks inside my 29G fresh water tank, they kinda look like snail trails or fungus you would find under a log. All of my fish seem healthy and no one new has been added. It's a heavily planted tank so salt is a no-no. The tank houses 6 Black Skirt Tetras, 4 Bumble Bee Gobys, 2 Red Fin Black Cats, 1 Clown Plecostemos, 3 Adult Platys & 3 Baby Platies (there were 30 until someone got hungry) Can anyone help me?
Tim
San Marcos, CA

Old 03-22-2004, 05:01 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Is it a crazy pattern that may have loopty-loops in it? I have noticed pond snails will make patterns like that but I have never seen any residue left from the ones I had.

Have you observed any change in the state of the streaks? Growth, shrinkage, change in coloration, change in appearance, does it appear to have any thickness or surface? Have you tried to wipe it off yet?

If it is a true "fungus" I have used Maroxy on my planted tank (moneywort, hornwort, java fern and another unidentified stem plant) without any ill effects on my plants. I would not think that any fungus would form without decaying material to form on as a source of food.

Tags
glass

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com