White worm/parasite swimming in aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

light_angel_7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey its been a while since I last posted on her. Anyway this morning when I was looking in my aquarium I notice a white worm/parasite looking thing swimming in a snake like motion for about 30 seconds before it when down and buried itself into the gravel.

I've tried to do some research and I think called nematodes, but I am not 100% certain if this is what I have?

I have not added any fish or plants in the past two months.

I was just wondering how it could have gotten into the tank, and is it harmful for me and the fish?

Check out planaria and see if that matches what you observed.

If so, harmless and can be reduced / eliminated with increased gravel vacs and cleaning.

+1 how big was it? was it very small white and thin, looking rather like a white eyelash? if you actually saw it land on the substrate and bury itself it makes me think it could be something else.

+1 how big was it? was it very small white and thin, looking rather like a white eyelash? if you actually saw it land on the substrate and bury itself it makes me think it could be something else.

I'm pretty sure that it was definitely not a plan aria, as the thing that I saw was to thin and it didn't have those triangular notches on its head.

And it did look like a white eyelash, and the head of it did look black and everything else being white. I also did see it land and bury itself into the gravel subtract and it was about 1-2 cm in length.

Back
Top Bottom