Who am I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

claraslilfishy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can anyone tell me if this lil fry is a neon tetra, black neon tetra, harlequin rasbora, or green tiger barb? I found him hiding in my floating plants! He's the only one! I've been looking for days for more! He's gotten bigger since I found him 3 days ago! I'm thinking he's a neon tetra but I'm not shure! I never saw any eggs and I'm shure if there were any more the green tiger barbs would have eaten them up quick! that's why he's the only one he must of got luck and was in a safe place! My barbs eat everything even my snail eggs I've had 5 ramshorn snails for almost a year without them multiplying lol!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 89
It's hard to tell from the pics. Cyprinids do not have an adipose fin, so that's one thing you can check to at least narrow it down.

Killi?

I also have a male and female golden wonder killi in the tank! Could it be from them?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 54
I would guess it is a killi from the yellow coloration...my killis would just drop eggs everywhere. The only way I had baby killis was to separate the eggs out of the tank, then the babies had to be separated because when they are young, they are cannibalistic.

Killi

I'm starting to think it may be killi it never leaves the surface of the water just like the adalts I have! It's a rare site to see them go near the gravel unless they've chased one and other there! I got a good look at its face today thro the net and it looks flat like the killis but I'm also seeing some silver on it too. It's just so hard to tell! I was hoping some one would have had fry like this and be like yep that's a ---- fish! Lol

Personally, I am not sure. It seems that you are taking care of it in a breeder box though, so I think you will figure it out soon enough. My best suggestion would be to try googling images for fry of the species you have and seeing if one fits. I would also guess the killis, but that is just a guess based on their willingness to breed. :) Keep an eye on your neons with the killis, golden wonders can be rather predatory.
Keep us posted when you know more. :)

I've done a search yesterday and I haven't gotten any pics that look the same! That was my first thought, posting here was my second! But yes I should know soon because every day and really every hour he gets more aggressive towards feeding! And every day he's gotten bigger! It's crazy how small he was and how much he's grown and I look at him a million times a day and I cans till see him growing! I think he's going to be a strong healthy fish since he is a lone survivor!

My Killi babys had silver on them too, I am still betting it is a killi, especially from the little v-shaped thing on its head, mine had that also. But as everyone said time will tell.

On a side note, I lost a few of mine from jumping out of the tank...even when I thought I had the whole tank covered they would make it out of the filter area and on to the floor.

Back
Top Bottom