Who can live with my fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tiesto643

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all

So I've posted before that I'm getting a new tank. 2 weeks to go until I move, so can get my Juwel Trigon 190 Corner Tank.

So still a couple of months until the tank will be ready for fish, but never too early to think about what I'm going to do with it.

I currently have a Powder Blue Pindani (pseudotropheus socolofi) cichlid, see pic attached, in my 60 litre. (Got him a couple years ago before learning much about keeping fish).

I don't really want to go for a cichlid only tank, but I don't want to give him away. So the question is can other non cichlids live happily with this fish? I don't really know what I want yet, but I know I want some schooling fish.

He is aggressive, but I'm thinking once he's in a tank a more suitable size for him he may not be as bad. But if I have to I will get him re-homed and start my new tank without him.

Any suggestions/advice welcome

Thanks!

image-907901563.jpg

I'm a newbie too but I think you might have to stick with African cichlids. I'm sure there is a few that are compatible like an upside down catfish.

Im interested in what people think about this myself. I also have a cichlid thats aggressive and hard to mix with even so much a pleco or fiddler crab.

I don't have cichlids but my friends do and I know that they just traded an aggressive one in at our lfs for a couple of smaller cichlids. You might try to see if your lfs will take him as a trade in for some community fish.

Im convinced myself to stay away from cichlids from now on. Ill keep mr bubbles as "king of the tank" until he dies naturally. But i will be very excited when the day comes i have an available 40 gallon tank.

Hi all

So I've posted before that I'm getting a new tank. 2 weeks to go until I move, so can get my Juwel Trigon 190 Corner Tank.

So still a couple of months until the tank will be ready for fish, but never too early to think about what I'm going to do with it.

I currently have a Powder Blue Pindani (pseudotropheus socolofi) cichlid, see pic attached, in my 60 litre. (Got him a couple years ago before learning much about keeping fish).

I don't really want to go for a cichlid only tank, but I don't want to give him away. So the question is can other non cichlids live happily with this fish? I don't really know what I want yet, but I know I want some schooling fish.

He is aggressive, but I'm thinking once he's in a tank a more suitable size for him he may not be as bad. But if I have to I will get him re-homed and start my new tank without him.

Any suggestions/advice welcome

Thanks!

African Cichlids have pretty specific parameters that they prefer. They are tough fish, but ideal for them is not ideal for Amazonian fish for example.

Africans do best with other African species. Certain Catfish can live with them Synodintis usually. But they rip up other fish.

GL

Thanks, so I'm definitely not going to try and mix, that's what I expected to hear just wanted confirmation. So I now just need to decide if I'm attached enough to build my tank around him, or re-home him and start fresh.

Back
Top Bottom