Who is my most likely guilty party?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fredmertz

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 75g tank that has largely been free of behavior problems. In 7 months of having this tank, I have not seen a single fish with any signs of physical stress/physical bullying. A lot of chasing (especially the rainbow shark and the blue gourami), but no physical harm.

However, today (in the last 4 hours) someone is guilty of really beating up a half-black angel. You can see the list of suspects below.

The only one who I am pretty certain is not guilty is the one I think most people would assume is guilty -- the cobalt blue lobster, as he never leaves his cave during the day.

The half black's tailfins have been munched up, one dorsal fin is almost completely gone and the feeler fins are in bad shape.

Who is the most likely candidate? Is there anything that I can I do to help recovery, or is it a lost cause?

My best guess would be your Rainbow Shark.

One of your options would be to move your Angelfish out of your display aquarium, and place him into a quarantine tank (separate tank). I would think that this would allow him adequate time to recuperate. There may be some medications to use, but I don't know all that much in the freshwater medication field.

Definitly the rainbow shark, i agree with red. They are pretty nasty once they get older

maybe you should re-home the rainbow shark? first the angel and then who's next?

Back
Top Bottom