Who owns a Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you have a betta tank?

• Yes, 1

Votes: 41 37.3%
  • Yes, 2-10

Votes: 24 21.8%
  • Yes, 10+

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • No

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • Not now, but I've kept them before

Votes: 20 18.2%

• Total voters
Anyone have any exp. on breeding them?
I have one friend who breeds them. I admit to not have the patience to do what she does. And it was somewhat traumatic to watch for me. I am now fine with having a celebate male betta :p

They mate in a rather violent episode and she has to be sure to remove the female after the ritual so that the female doesn't die. Sometimes they get pretty beat up anyways. She has some beautiful crowntails. I got mine from her. His name is Darwin.

That is cool, it is 1 of my fish i was considering doing on my breeding adventure.

When I answered this poll I didn't have a betta. Now I do lol. Right now he is in a 1G tank because I am getting rid of his ich. When he is better, he will move into his 5G by himself. He is the funniest fish ever! He has a ton of attitude, which is why I picked him, and why his name is Diablo Rojo.

When I answered this poll I didn't have a betta. Now I do lol. Right now he is in a 1G tank because I am getting rid of his ich. When he is better, he will move into his 5G by himself. He is the funniest fish ever! He has a ton of attitude, which is why I picked him, and why his name is Diablo Rojo.

lol, thats a really cool name.

When I was a kid we had one. When this 2.5 gal that's just been set up cycles I'm going to get one.

I breed bettas. I have three 1 gal "bachelor pads" one 10 gal "sorority house" one 5 gal "love shack" and another 5 gal "daycare."

musicman said:
I breed bettas. I have three 1 gal "bachelor pads" one 10 gal "sorority house" one 5 gal "love shack" and another 5 gal "daycare."

Lol what about a retirement house for the old guys

Currently, I have five bettas. I am madly in love with them. I do miss having thirteen of them, even if it was annoying to do all of the water changes. Definitely lovely coming back from class and seeing all of the happy little fish.

I would encourage most people to get bettas. Great little fish with tons of personality and one of the more easier ones to take care of.

I have two, a male and a female. Both tanks are planted, and I just love the colors of the bettas and the contrast of the plants. One of the most awesome fish.

Nice thread resurrection! Currently I have 11. People walk through my house going "oh and there's another betta...." LOL. Yup...crazy betta lady here. ;)

I got two females. Have been wanting to at least try to keep them sucessfully in a heavily planted tank thats 40 gallons. So far, so good, one month in :)

And if anything goes wrong, there's always a plan B. ;)

Back
Top Bottom