Who Wants puffers?? I Want Puffers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Tex

Aquarium Advice Addict
well ive been reading reading up on articles and such and ive decided to do a puffer only tank (i need be) with a single or maybe 2-3 if im allowed, and i just want some info, are there purely freshwater puffers? only brackwater..? what genus should i get? i have a 30g tank with a tetra ex45 filter, 100w tetra heater, DIY 10k white/460nm blue led lighting, and either gravel or playsand substrate, and coral inserts, where do i start? and yes its currently fully cycled as purely freshwater so im ready as of today, or i can startover with brackwater, lay it on me guys! thanks in advance! (y)

Puffers also really interest me, ill be interested in what you find out!

I like pea puffers, saw them for the first time in a pet store. I am not sure if they can be in groups but a whole school/shaol of them in that big a tank would be amazing.

Could do dwarf puffers..theyre freshwater and are small and should be in a species only tank..in a 30 you could put maybe 3 in it. They can be aggressive though so you would need some breaks in the decor for territory reasons.

Could do dwarf puffers..theyre freshwater and are small and should be in a species only tank..in a 30 you could put maybe 3 in it. They can be aggressive though so you would need some breaks in the decor for territory reasons.

Alright and were talking purely freshwater? And breaks as in hiding spots?

Yes but they can be rare so ask your dealer to see if they can order them.

They are pretty hard to find and only Come available In the mid to late summer. If you talk to your lfs they could possible be able to have them order them as it is getting to their season. They are hard to find online to, gunpowderaquatics should b getting a shipment in soon and you could order them through them.

Figure 8 puffers are brackish. I would need the scientific name of the leopard puffer

Back
Top Bottom