Whoops! Forgot To Prewash My PFS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pandicorn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, long story short, finally got around to setting up my 20 Long. Unfortunately, I forgot to wash the PFS, which has been sitting in my garage for quite some time (The bag was loosely closed to prevent dirt and heaven forbid chemicals from getting in) this sand has ONLY been used for fishkeeping. No fish in this tank yet, it is decholirinated water. I also have some plants, and the sand is starting to clear up. I added some foam to my AC50 to clear it up, and somehow I still hadn't remembered about forgetting to wash the sand. Just now I thought about it, and thought "Oh ! My filter is gonna get rekt, I'm gonna have to redo everything!"

So questions

- Is my filter slightly damaged? D:

- Do I need to siphon out the water as well as the sand, or can I just leave it?

Thanks for all the help! c:

Attachments

• IMG_2007.jpg
    IMG_2007.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2008.jpg
    IMG_2008.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 77
I did the same thing with a bag of aragonite sand for my multifasciatus tank; 6 months in and the filter is still going! You'll probably be ok. I personally just left it and it all settled out in a few days.

I did the same thing with a bag of aragonite sand for my multifasciatus tank; 6 months in and the filter is still going! You'll probably be ok. I personally just left it and it all settled out in a few days.

Alright, coolio. I just don't want anything going wrong with this tank. It must be perfect! ;P

Meh, no biggs. Ive never washed my pfs before sticking it into my tank. Just follow up with a large water change and voila, dirt gone.

Back
Top Bottom