Why

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mckitrick

Aquarium Advice Freak
Y marble molly just died what did i do wrong he was eating five minutes ago when i fed i dont think i over fed because my other fish are just fine no way to check water parameters but i do weekly water changes

Y marble molly just died what did i do wrong he was eating five minutes ago when i fed i dont think i over fed because my other fish are just fine no way to check water parameters but i do weekly water changes
How long have you had him/her?

There is no way to check what he/she died of, without a test kit. Please get a test kit in order to find out what happened. No matter if fish are dying or not, you need a test kit. I recommend this one:
Amazon.com: API FRESHWATER MASTER TEST KIT: Pet Supplies

Hope I helped!

I have had him (i know its a him) for 2 month maybe a little less i know i need a test kit ill get one

Well i did a water change so what ever was the problem is gone now

About 20% a week
You probably needed to do better water changes. 50% a week is a great way to keep a tank clean. (If you think THAT'S overboard, I must tell you I do the bucket method to empty out 25 gallons of water WEEKLY from my 55 gallon tank.) But without any type of test kit, there's no telling what happened to your Molly.

phoenixkiller said:
You probably needed to do better water changes. 50% a week is a great way to keep a tank clean. (If you think THAT'S overboard, I must tell you I do the bucket method to empty out 25 gallons of water WEEKLY from my 55 gallon tank.) But without any type of test kit, there's no telling what happened to your Molly.

25% a week is fine as long as the tank isn't overstocked...

maxwellag said:
What other fish are in the tank?

I have a male guppy and its called a big eye shinner thats it i wanted to get more but havent had time

Back
Top Bottom