Why are my cories doing this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YaBuddyHuddie

Aquarium Advice Freak
When I bought cories, I was under the impression that they were bottoms dwellers. But since I've had mine (1-2 weeks) they've ran around in the tank as much as everyone else, swimming at all levels. I didn't see any of them doing this at the store. I have 3 in a 29g planted and they are about 1.5 inches. They are albino cories btw. Please help!

When I bought cories, I was under the impression that they were bottoms dwellers. But since I've had mine (1-2 weeks) they've ran around in the tank as much as everyone else, swimming at all levels. I didn't see any of them doing this at the store. I have 3 in a 29g planted and they are about 1.5 inches. They are albino cories btw. Please help!

Happy cories frolic.

Yep they will spend most of the time hanging in the bottom but they go up and play.

Mine reminds me of the baby on the Nirvana cover he has spent so much time wriggling in the middle :D

Oftentimes corries go to the surface to gulp air since they do this in the wild to deal with low oxygen. Other times they are just being corries and having fun. Your fish are fine. :D

Mine used to do that too, but after a year have mellowed out. Mine do stay mostly on the bottom now except when they dart up real fast to the top. I have one Cory that I named "scuttle" because he used to scuttle around everywhere

umramgirl86 said:
Mine used to do that too, but after a year have mellowed out. Mine do stay mostly on the bottom now except when they dart up real fast to the top. I have one Cory that I named "scuttle" because he used to scuttle around everywhere

Hopefully mine settle down.

I have a six foot tank and my cories race back and forth across the entire length, and then up and down, and then back and forth. I don't know where they get so much energy, but I wish I had a fraction of it. ;-)

I have a six foot tank and my cories race back and forth across the entire length, and then up and down, and then back and forth. I don't know where they get so much energy, but I wish I had a fraction of it. ;-)

Mine do that too. They like playing in the current of the filter. They follow each other to the top right hand corner where the filter is and then zoom across the tank to do it all over again :lol:

Back
Top Bottom