why is my red tailed shark suddenly so friendly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skargo2009

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've had my red tailed shark just over 2 years (it was full grown when I bought it). Ever since I've had it whenever I put my hand in the tank it would stay far away or it would hide. Now whenever I put my hand in, it swims straight over and starts nibbling on my fingers and it will even let me stroke it.

did you change something like use a different lotion on your hands? For land animals I know that's true (I have a rabbit and 2 gerbils). I guess it's not a bad thing if it likes you better now.

did you change something like use a different lotion on your hands? For land animals I know that's true (I have a rabbit and 2 gerbils). I guess it's not a bad thing if it likes you better now.

I don't use hand lotion. And it doesn't matter when I put my hand in the tank it comes straight over. However I used to have a yellow lab cichlid in the tank that pretty much bullied everyone in the tank (the shark included). So I don't know if that dying has made a difference to the sharks behaviour

Back
Top Bottom