Will a Rope Fish mess with my tiny Violet Gobys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seeing as how they're from different continents and require different water parameters, and also occupy the same space in the tank- I would not mix them.

Stay away from rope fish I had one and it climbed out the wire hole and onto the floor it dried up and swiveld up behind my tv it went rock solid don't take this in a rude way but they are a waste of time they ate my gallon Molly's and all my tertras I covered the holes in tape but evaporation just insticks them

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the input . I really love those fish , and for some reason my VG are still small when I had them for a while . So I was just looking for another long fish.

You don't have to stay away from them, (they're notorious escape artists and the tank should be completely covered) they should just probably be housed by themselves :)

I love ropefish and in my experience they are awesome. I hand feed mine and they are the most interactive fish I've ever had. They are very peaceful community fish, but will eat any fish that is small enough to fit in their mouth. The do require A SECURE LID with no escape routes (no holes over an 1/8th inch). While they spend a lot of time on the bottom, they do require surface air to breath so you'll need to keep the water level at least an inch below the top of the aquarium. Also, they like to be with other ropefish, so I recommend you get at least two.

I have a lot of tanks, and since they are big, I felt they would go well in my turtle take. This also houses my Jack and Oscar and everyone is happy. Adding a Ropey didn;t not end up so well. Long story short I am picking a new tank to him them in next time :eek:(.

I have a lot of tanks, and since they are big, I felt they would go well in my turtle take. This also houses my Jack and Oscar and everyone is happy. Adding a Ropey didn;t not end up so well. Long story short I am picking a new tank to him them in next time :eek:(.

Let me guess... Something like this happened when you tried it with the oscar?
hqdefault.jpg

Sadly it's a fish eat fish world. Any fish that fits in another's mouth will end up there.

Wow Luananeko, I was thinking that it was my turtle. Now I think it could be the oscar. The Oscar is the biggest thing in the tank, so it could have been him. That is the thing with an aggressive tank. You never know who the "eater" guy is .

Back
Top Bottom