Will cory cats eat fry.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elephantnose

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay so I looked online before I created this thread but I noticed both answers. I figured Id create this thread to more personalize the answers to my situation. Okay so I have a tank with 9 African cichlid fry they are about half an inch. I have them in a 30g L it's length is 36" with sand bottom. I have a few (6 but I'd probably only move over 3) albino/peppered Corys in my 55g community tank that I could move over to the 30 to work as a clean up crew. Being summer I no longer have school and I feed my fry about 3-5 times a day. These Corys would just be here to clean up the food the fry miss. They are about 1 1/4 in. I doubt they would eat the fry but I'm just looking for a second opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The shouldn't. Corys eat fish eggs like pros, but I have never observed corys eating free swimming fry especially as large as yours are.

Okay I'm going to go and put them in the 30g rn. It's 3:00 in the morning and I can't sleep anyways haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom