Will differnt species of Rainbows school?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alchemy129

Aquarium Advice Regular
Will differnt species of Rainbows school/hang out? I am moving 2 aussie rainbows ( the cheaper $2-$4 dollar types) to a 65 gallon soon and since i have spent the cash for this larger tank, spending 10-20 dollars on a fish doesn't seem as absurd anymore so i was planning on getting some of the more colorful ones, i have a LFS near that carries several types but i don't remember there names. One of them was called a dwarf neon i think that was like 7 bucks and another was larger and kind of a flaky yellow i think and it was 15 bucks. How big do rainbows get?
THnkas in advance.

some rainbows can get quite large. IME, my 4 maccoulochis school with my 5 austrailians, and I have 2 turquoise, 1 bosemani, and 1 goyder river in QT right now. If you want some really good info on rainbows, go to bowheads.org. They are a rainbow forum, should find some really good info over there.

I have many different varieties of rainbows, and although they all hang out in the current together, they don't "school".

I have:
Boesemani, Turquoise, Jewel, Goyder River, Dwarf Neons, Red Irian Jaya, and a Madagascar.

I was wonderin the same tyhing the other day while I was a t the pet shop, I love bosemani rainbows, Iwant some but there to expensive here

yea I paid $11 for my boesmani, $7 each for my turquiose, $13 for my goyder river, $2 each for my austrailians, and $2 each for my maccoulochis (they were in the wrong tank, and mislabelled)

I just picked up a combo of boesmani and praecox(dwarf neon) rainbows yesterday(6 each)...

So far they all seem to shoal together more than tightly school...

Back
Top Bottom