Will diveder prevent guppy breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlover3578

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I want to seperate males and females to prevent overbreeding can I use diveder or do I have to put them In seperate tanks ?

K cuz I just wanted babies so now I'm Goning to seperate once I get a chance I will prob get divider for both my tanks . Hoping to post In sell trade soon so I can sell some fry I'm going to watch and see which fry I like best before I sell

K cuz I just wanted babies so now I'm Goning to seperate once I get a chance I will prob get divider for both my tanks . Hoping to post In sell trade soon so I can sell some fry I'm going to watch and see which fry I like best before I sell

Ok cool

Just making sure you know after they are pregnant once, they will hold the male's sperm in the body. They will more than likely give birth 2-3 times after they're separated. Just making sure you're aware.

+1 to what angelfishgirl said. and there is still a slim possibility that the guppies will breed through the divider, unless it actually separates the water on both sides of the tank. i.e. an acrylic divider with silicone. if you do it that way though, you would have to heat and filter each side separately

Yeh I know I already ha people lined up for fry and I decided to wait til quarantine is done and put males I 10 gal and females in 29 cuz dividers for both almost cost as much as another fish tank

Back
Top Bottom